The Global Squash Collaborative LLC (“GSC” or “We” or “Us“), based in the United States, is a collaborative of international squash federations. We administer and operate websites at clublocker.com (the “Websites“) and the Club Locker software (“Club Locker“) on behalf of you and members of the global squash community, including the organization which made Club Locker available to you (“Your Organization“).
We use your personal data to:
- operate Club Locker (which includes sharing your personal data with GSC’s cloud service provider and IT contractors);
- administer cross border rankings ;
- arrange and administer cross border tournaments;
- administer the use of Club Locker by member organizations, such as Your Organization and other organizations with whom you may associate your account (this includes allocating license fees and allowing leagues, clubs, facilities and governing bodies associated with your accounts to access your personal data, and to supply personal data about you (particularly in relation to your performance in competitive play)); and
- manage legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative activities as necessary (which would include disclosing personal data in connection with a legal process or litigation to law enforcement agencies or our professional advisers where we consider this is necessary).
GSC is a data controller when it uses your personal data for the above purposes. If you want to contact GSC, for example to exercise your data protection rights, you can do this by emailing: email@example.com
Alternatively, you can write to the GSC at the following address:
Global Squash Collaborative
555 Eighth Ave. Suite 1102
New York, NY 10018
For more information about GSC and its member federations see: http://www.globalsquashcollaborative.org
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, GSC is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, GSC commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSC has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
GSC’s accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, GSC remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless GSC proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.